Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Interview Objectives

-To successfully partake in an interview with an international student

-To create and ask thought provoking questions that lead to an interesting conversation with the interviewee

-To prepare for the interview by researching information about the native country of the interviewee and talking to other people about their knowledge of the country

-To find an interviewee who is willing to talk openly about his/her culture and beliefs

-To perform the interview with an international student and bring the necessary materials (pen, paper, recorder)

-To learn about the interviewee’s culture and his/her home country by asking questions and through conversation

-To not limit myself to only the questions I am prepared to ask……expand on topics

-To make sure the interviewee feels comfortable and does not feel like he/she is being put on the spot

-To audibly record the interview

-To thank the interviewee for his/her time in conversing with me

-To transcribe the recorded information from the interview

-To write a paper with the information collected from the interview

21 comments:

  1. Really enjoy your objectives, I think your on the right path and have the right objectives to get the best information out of your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent objectives, Hannah. Recording isn't audible, I am afraid. "Make an audio recording" might describe it more accurately.
    Good work
    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your objectives. For this one: "To find an interviewee who is willing to talk openly about his/her culture and beliefs"... I believe that it only depends on you because that person will talk back to you and give you the information you need as long as you can make them comfortable.


    -Mohammed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think you are concerned and focused about your interview. Your fourth objective says that you want to interview someone who is open-minded about their culture which implies that you want to get the best and accurate information you could get from your interview.
    Good job!
    -Vishal Gurung

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in the right track. Especially the third objective, researching about the interviewee's culture before making the interview is the good one. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super good!! gave me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, I like the idea of having a basic knowledge of the culture of the student you are interviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, i like how you are going to do a little resaerch of your own to better understand their culture, that should really help with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good job very in depth if you do them your interview should do well

    ReplyDelete
  10. great work....i'm interested in how you will report your conversation by analyze the conversation. And some research will do good for your report.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you plan on making the interviewee feel comfortable and not on the spot? Will you by the setting and the questions you ask? It's a good idea to have that planned out before the actual interview. This objective is good-it just needs more "meat." I like the rest of your objectives--they will really help you to succeed in the interviewing process

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great objectives, I especially like the idea about not limiting yourself to just your prepared questions. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great objectives, very descriptive and accurate on what you are going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your objectives are clearly stated and seem to have all information you need.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome objectives Hannah :) you will have a great interview if you stick to these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very well written. On the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think these are very good objectives and should make for a good interview.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect objectives!
    These objectives emphasize on both process and goals of the interview. You must fully prepare for the interview. Looking forward to see your product!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i like you said that to expand topics rather than just ask those you prepared. We never know whats gonna happen during this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your objectives. it gave me more ideas about been more specific
    Thank you

    - Galkhuu G

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you will do well in an interviewing process, as your objectives focus on all the essential detail about your interviewee.

    ReplyDelete